We recently met up with a potential customer (more about this further down the page). They were very reluctant to provide bank statements and ID among other things we need in order to proceed.
Every now and again we do come across people who have similar concerns, although this was the first time someone had said they did not want to provide any documents.
So I thought I would make a post about…
Can we be trusted?
- We (Mortgage Success) are fully authorised and regulated by the FCA.
- We are on the FCA Register under reference number 757406.
- We are on the ICO Register under reference ZA123422.
- We are fully insured.
- We are fully qualified.
- We have plenty of positive reviews on both Facebook and TrustPilot.
What should a Mortgage Broker ask for?
As a general rule of thumb a Mortgage Broker will need:
- Bank statements (anywhere from 3-12 months, although typically it would be 3 months).
- Proof of income. This will vary depending on your circumstances, but would usually be Payslips, P60s, Tax returns, Accounts.
- ID – Passport and/or Driving License.
- Credit reports.
- A factfind, this is the document that will summarise all of your personal information. For example, name, date of birth, employment history and so on.
There may be other things required, for example requirements from the donor of a gifted deposit, employers reference and so on. Those things tend to be specific to the application rather than a requirement of most applications. All of these things combined allow us to go off and do the research in order to make a recommendation and submit your application to a lender.
What happens to the documents I provide?
With Mortgage Success, we have an online system where you can log in to upload them if you prefer to do that over email. Your documents are saved on to our system where you can access them 24/7 safely and securely.
We will only send over the relevant documents to the companies you have given us permission to. We do not sell information to marketing companies or any other company for that matter.
So…Can we be trusted?
We would like to think so. Only you can decide if you are happy to trust us and we will certainly not be twisting your arm. If you proceed with us, you are trusting us not only with your information and documents but also your Mortgage application. There needs to be trust for everything to run smoothly and in a relaxed way.
The potential customer I mentioned at the beginning eventually did trust us enough to provide everything we needed and now has her Mortgage offer in hand 🙂
If you have any questions, as a company we are an open book. Call us to discuss any concerns you have. We will be happy to work through it with you and see if we can work together in order to get you your Mortgage.